Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bread of Life

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry." John 6:35

What emboldens you to take action? If someone were about to harm my family I would be moved to take action. If I saw a baby in need I would be motivated to take action. I believe that the Word of God is catalyst for us to take action. As we seek after God through His Holy Word we ought to be moved in to action. It's the stirring of the Holy Spirit!

There is much more to your Bible Study for Spiritual Growth than just reading and responding to scriptures. If you really want to grow in the Lord, you will have to make a commitment to yourself that you will seek Him - even when it is not convenient.

God loves you, and He wants more for you. But, God operates in covenants and promises. To receive a promise you read in the Word of God, you can't just know it. You have to meditate on it until it becomes a part of who you are.

BLESSED is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly,
...But his delight and desire
are in the law of the Lord,
and on His law
(the precepts, the instructions,
the teachings of God)

he habitually meditates
(ponders & studies)
by day and by night.
-Psalms 1:1,2 (Amplified)

Do you delight in the teachings and instructions of God? Do they bring you joy and peace as you think on them throughout the day? That is what happens when they become a part of you.

The Lord promises you:
I love those who love me,
and those who seek me early
and diligently shall find me.

-Proverbs 8:17 (Amplified)

It is only through making time to find Him daily that you will become the Christian you know you are pre-destined to be. Now, I must warn you. There is a dangerous epidemic plaguing much of the Body of Christ today. It is called Spiritual Complacency. Don't let it infect you. For some reason, as Christians, we get satisfied with where we are in God. We assume that since we have followed God for X number of years, we don't need a Bible study for Spiritual Growth. We are as spiritually mature as we are going to get.

Well, Beloved, I have exciting news for you. No matter where you are in the Lord,

...if from there you will seek
(inquire for and require as necessity)
the Lord your God,
you will find Him
if you [truly]seek Him
with all your heart [and mind] and soul and life.

-Deuteronomy 4:29 (Amplified)

No comments: